What you can expect to work on in this role:
- Learn the Carbyne sales process and understand our core technology in order to effectively sell to prospective customers.
- Work with your assigned Account Executive and senior management to determine an effective, strategic, and scalable sales approach to grow the U.S. market.
- Identify decision makers amongst the targeted leads in order to start the sales process.
- Present and sell Carbyne products and services to current and potential customers through a high volume of targeted, consultative outbound phone calls (quality > quantity).
- Follow up on leads and referrals resulting from field activity, the Carbyne marketing team, channel partners, and individual prospecting.
- Support your Account Executive by staying on top of crucial sales activities including cold calling, strategic emails, booking meetings, and prospecting.
- Maintain accurate account information and activity detail in Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
The position is based in New-York with no possibility to work remotely.
Who we are?
Carbyne is an award-winning, global emergency technology company based in NYC (50+ employees). We are developing a real-time 911 communication platform, leading the most advanced public safety technology for emergency infrastructure, acting as the ultimate solution for NG911 (next generation 911). Our patented technology connects individuals in emergencies to emergency services worldwide via live video, audio (IP based) and accurate position (indoors), helping call takers analyze what is happening in real-time, provide accurate support, slash time to dispatch and ultimately save lives.
What we expect from you:
- 1-3 years of business-to-business sales experience/training OR equivalent combination of education and experience (government, public safety or enterprise sales experience a plus).
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College/University
- Technology industry experience and knowledge preferred.
- Basic skill level of Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding phone skills and ability to handle a high volume of calls per day.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills.
- Personal drive and internal motivation towards high achievement.
- Sense of humor.
- Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; recognizes and acts on opportunities; sets and achieves challenging goals; takes calculated risks to accomplish personal and team performance measures.
- Sales Skills: Achieves sales goals; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Written Communications: Edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; varies writing style to meet needs; writes clearly and informatively.
- Oral Communication: Demonstrates group presentation skills; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; speaks clearly and persuasively.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.