Carbyne Website Terms and Conditions
Last Revised: October 22, 2018
Carbyne Ltd. (“us“, “we” or “Company“) respect the privacy of our users (each, “you” or “User“) and are committed to protect the privacy of Users who access, visit, use or engage with our website or any other online services we provide (collectively: the “Services“).
If you are under 16, be sure to get your parent(s)/guardian(s) to read and discuss it with you. You should always make sure you get the consent of your parent(s)/guardian(s) before giving any information or sending any materials to us.
– Parents’/Guardians’ consent
– What type of information we collect
– Cookies and other technologies
– How we use the information
– With whom we share the information and for what purpose
– For how long we retain the information
– How we protect your information
– International Transfers
– How to contact us
If you are under 16, you will always need to get your parent(s)/guardian(s) permission before contacting and interacting with us.
We may need to check that your parent(s)/guardian(s) agree that you will use our Services. As part of this check, we may ask you for your parent’s/guardian’s contact details (e.g., email address or telephone number) so we can then contact them and obtain their consent.
We may also carry out checks to ensure that the contact details you have provided for your parent(s)/guardian(s) are your actual parent(s)/guardian(s). If we find out that you have given us fake details about your parent(s)/guardian(s) or if we do not get a reply from your parent(s)/guardian(s) within a reasonable time, we may be incapable to offer our Services to you.
What type of information we collect
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to you, which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Services (“Non-personal Information“). We are not aware of the identity from which the Non-personal Information is collected. Non-personal Information which is collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information about your device (e.g., the device you use, the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time and the website’s domain name from which you linked to the Services, etc.), in order to enhance the functionality of the Services. We may also collect information about your activity on the Services (e.g., clicks, actions, online browsing, etc.).
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information“). Such information may include:
– Registering through our website: When you register to the Services through our website, we may collect from you the following information: full name, email address, your company, support ticket information, as well as any other information you agreed to share with us.
– Voluntarily Information: We may collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For instance, when you respond to communications from us, communicate with us via email or share additional information about yourself through your use of the Services. We may also collect the feedback, suggestions, complaints and reports which you send to us. Please note that we may also collect complaints about you from other Users, which may include your Personal Information.
– Device Information: We may collect Personal Information from your device. Such information may include geolocation data, unique identifiers as well as other information which relates to your activity through the Services.
For avoidance of doubt, if we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and other technologies
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and may be used for various different purposes. These purposes include, among other things, allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and the Services quicker, easier and smoother.
Our website may use the following types of cookies:
– Session Cookies which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
– Persistent Cookies which are saved on your device for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to identify who you are for repeated visits (for instance, to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in).
– Third-Party Cookies which are set by other online services that run content on the page you view on your browser (for example, by third-party companies who monitor and analyze our website access).
You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences. However, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of the Services may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
How we use the information
– To set up your account and to provide the Services;
– To use your parent’s/guardian’s contact details and obtain their consent to your use of the Services (if you are under 16);
– To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates and newsletters;
– To market our website, products and the Services;
– To perform a research or to conduct analytics in order to improve and customize the Services to your needs and interests;
– To support and troubleshoot the Services and to respond to your queries;
– To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the Services;
– To detect and prevent fraudulent and illegal activity or any other type of activity that may jeopardize or negatively affect the integrity of the Services; and
– To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
With whom we share the information and for what purpose
We may share Personal Information with the following recipients: (i) our subsidiaries; (ii) affiliated companies; (iii) subcontractors and other third-party service providers; (iv) auditors or advisers of our business processes; and (v) any potential purchasers or investors in the Company.
We may also disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our affiliates, our Users, yourself or any third-party; (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies; and (vii) in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
Third-party collection of information
Our policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. To the extent that you disclose your information to other parties via the Services (e.g., by clicking on a link to any other website or location) or via other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them.
For how long we retain the information
We respect your privacy rights and therefore you may contact us at any time and request: (i) to access, delete, change or update any Personal Information relating to you (for example, if you believe that your Personal Information is incorrect, you may ask to have it corrected or deleted); or (ii) that we will cease any further use of your Personal Information (for example, you may ask that we will stop using or sharing your Personal Information with third-parties) or that we shall remove your Personal Information (subject to any other legal obligation that may require us to keep the information).
Please note that unless you instruct us otherwise we retain the information we collect for as long as needed to provide the Services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, please contact us directly at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your Personal Information not in accordance with the laws, you can complain to the applicable data protection authority.
How we protect your information
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of your information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse the Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
If you feel that your privacy was treated not in accordance with our policy, or if any person attempted to abuse the Services or acted in an inappropriate manner, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Personal Information may also be transferred to countries which are not part of the European Union, namely Israel and the USA for storage and for the management of our services, including at our headquarters. In order to ensure an adequate level of security of your personal data in these countries, we provide and maintain the following guarantees: transfer to countries subject to an EC adequacy decision, SCC, and/or privacy shield certification.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions regarding the Services or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at email@example.com
Information about us
The details of the Company are as follows:
94 Yigal Alon, Tel Aviv, Israel